Use the information below to determine the best way to submit all of your required application documents.
Official standardized test scores must be sent to us directly (electronically or mailed) by the test administrator.
- Ensure test scores are sent to the "University of Maryland, College Park"
- UMD’s SAT code is 5814
- UMD’s ACT code is 1746
You are encouraged to list UMD as a recipient of your scores when you take standardized tests so we will receive them as quickly as possible. We cannot guarantee that scores received after the application deadline will be considered during the review of your admission application.
Official copies of your transcripts must be sent directly by your school/institution using one of the following methods:
- High school transcripts can be submitted electronically through Common App, StandOut Admissions Network, eSCRIP-SAFE, Naviance, SCOIR or USM ET.
- College transcripts can be submitted electronically via eSCRIP-SAFE, National Clearinghouse, Naviance, Parchment, SCOIR or USM ET.
- Transcripts can be mailed to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions using the address listed below. Transcripts cannot be emailed or faxed to our office.
For international applicants, transcripts must be sent in the native language along with a certified English translation. More information regarding this process is available on the International Applicants page.
You can request that transcripts be sent to our office at any point in the application process, even if you have already submitted your online application.
Letters of recommendation must be submitted to us directly from the recommender. We prefer one of the following electronic submission methods:
- Common App
- Once you have added your recommenders to your "Invite and Manage Recommenders" list, you will be able to assign your recommenders to UMD so that our office will receive their letter of recommendation.
- StandOut Admissions Network
- Once you designate who will be completing your recommendations within StandOut Admissions Network, your recommender(s) will receive an email with instructions on how to submit your recommendation electronically through the platform.
Your recommender(s) can also mail their letters to the address listed below or email them to ApplyMaryland@umd.edu. Recommenders should include the students' full name and date of birth in their message.
If English is not your native language—regardless of your citizenship—your official English language proficiency scores must be sent directly to us by one of the following test administrators:
- Duolingo English Test (DET)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
For UMD to receive your scores, please use the reporting code 5814. Scores can also be mailed to the address listed below. Remember to review our complete list of requirements for English proficiency.
Mid-year reports and/or first quarter grades can be submitted, though they are not considered required application materials unless they are officially requested during the decision notification process.
Although there is not a space to upload supplemental materials such as portfolios, videos, artwork and similar files directly to your application, we encourage you to note your accomplishments in the Activities section (equivalent to your resume). We do not accept these types of files via email.