Housing and Dining

Welcome to your home away from home!

Students Admitted for the Fall Semester

New freshmen entering the university in the fall semester are guaranteed residence hall housing, as long as their requests are made by May 1. To request residence hall housing, complete the housing and dining online agreement form. You may submit your housing agreement form with or separate from your enrollment confirmation, but you can only submit the form once. After that, you must request any changes to your housing request by emailing the Department of Resident Life. Please include your full name and University ID (UID) in all correspondence.

Students are assigned to rooms in the order in which requests are received. Preferences for roommates, areas of campus and specific buildings will be taken into account but are not guaranteed. For best consideration, submit your preferences to the Department of Resident Life as soon as possible. Room assignments, roommates’ names and contact information will be available online before the move-in period each semester. Residence hall housing is renewable for those who entered the residence halls as first-time freshmen.

Students Admitted for the Spring Semester

New freshmen are given priority for spaces that open in our residence halls mid-year. Most new freshmen have residence hall housing by the first day of classes. To request residence hall housing for the spring semester, complete the housing and dining online agreement form.

Students participating in the Freshmen Connection program in the fall semester are guaranteed on-campus housing if they confirm their spring enrollment to the university and complete the housing and dining online agreement form by May 1. Participants will be required to enroll in the Freshmen Connection program prior to the start of the fall semester.

Transfer Student Housing

On-campus housing is available to new transfer students on a space-available basis. Interested students should complete the housing and dining online agreement form as soon as possible. All housing requests are initially placed on a waitlist. When space becomes available, students can be moved off the waitlist and assigned a room and roommate.

Off-Campus Housing

The university’s Off-Campus Housing Services provides personalized information and resources about housing and off-campus living. Resources available online include a searchable database listing available rental properties in the area and an online database where students can search for roommates with similar housing needs and interests.

Meals and Snacks

All students living in traditional campus housing are required to purchase a Resident Seven-Day Dining Plan. Each of these plans offers anytime dining, meaning students have unlimited access to dining halls during normal operating hours. Learn more about your plan options on the Dining Services website.

Dining Services offers many options for eating on-campus including an array of culinary stations, restaurants, cafes and quick food locations, franchises, convenience shops and more. Vegan and vegetarian selections are available every day in the dining rooms and other locations. Maryland Hillel also offers a kosher meal plan.

Your Admission Representative Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Connecticut Delaware Delaware District of Columbia District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming Puerto Rico Virgin Islands International